Drylab Dailies can distribute dailies wirelessly to everyone on set even if you don't have an Internet connection. The exact procedure depends on your setup, but is fast and simple:
- If you have a Wi-Fi router on-set, continue below.
- If you don't have a router, create a network on your Mac: Click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, followed by Create Network.... Enter a suitable name (e.g. Dailies) and click the Create button.
Connect your Mac (running Creator) and your iPads (running Viewer) to your Wi-Fi network. Viewer will find Creator automatically, and begin downloading clips and metadata for productions that it's authorized to see.
When do I need an Internet connection?
You will need an Internet connection for the following:
- Distributing dailies to team members outside the set. Creator uploads metadata and encrypted clips to the cloud whenever it has Internet connectivity, making them available for download by remote Dailies Viewers.
- Sending reports from Set Report to Creator. A cell phone connection is good enough.
- Pairing Viewer, Creator and Set Report with a production.
In other words, make sure you have an Internet connection when you begin your production. After that you should only need it occasionally.
Drylab Dailies on your set
We've put a lot of effort into making Drylab Dailies work well even under demanding conditions. If you have feedback or run into problems on your set, we'll be very grateful if you let us know.