Drylab offers two-factor authentication (2FA) for increased security. Some productions and companies who use Drylab require that you enable 2FA before you can access their productions.
Turning on 2FA protects very effectively against many kinds of security attacks and accidents, but it's very important that you remember the following:
- You will receive a set of recovery codes. It's essential that you keep them safe and secure, e.g. by printing them out and storing them in a safe location.
- If you lose (or replace) the mobile phone you use for 2FA, you will need your recovery codes to regain access.
- Drylab can not help you re-activate an account that has been locked due to lost 2FA details.
With that said, let's go ahead.
Add two-factor authentication to your account
This is how to add 2FA to your account:
- Go to https://app.drylab.io/users/edit#security
- Enter your current password, and click the Set up Two-Factor Authentication button
- Follow the instructions in your browser
- Important: Please make sure you keep your recovery codes safe, for instance in case you switch mobile phones. If you lose them, you lose access!
Log in using 2FA
After enabling 2FA you must always use it when logging in to Viewer (iPad/iPhone/Web), your account on app.drylab.io, and Drylab Creator on Mac (if you're a DIT).
- In Viewer on iPad, or Creator on Mac: Tap or click "I am a two-factor authentication user" underneath the email and password fields. Enter your 2FA code (from your app) alongside your username and password.
- In Viewer or Admin on Web: Enter your email and password normally, and the 2FA code when you are asked for it.
Please note that (for now) you must remember whether or not you've turned 2FA on.