Drylab offers two-factor authentication (2FA) for increased security. Some productions and companies who use Drylab requires that you enable 2FA before you can access their productions.
Turning on 2FA protects very effectively against many kinds of security attacks and accidents, but it's very important that you remember the following:
- You will receive a set of recovery codes. It's essential that you keep them safe and secure, e.g. by printing them out and storing them in a safe location.
- If you lose (or replace) the mobile phone you use for 2FA, you will need your recovery codes to regain access.
- Drylab can not help you re-activate an account that has been locked due to lost 2FA details.
With that said, let's go ahead.
Add two-factor authentication to your account
This is how to add 2FA to your account:
- Download a 2FA app to your mobile phone. We recommend Authy or Google Authenticator
- Go to https://app.drylab.io/users/edit#security
- Click the checkbox "Require two-factor authentication for sign-in"
- Enter your current password under "Step 1"
- Start the 2FA app that you installed on your phone
- Follow the app's instructions on how to add a new account
- Use your phone's camera to photograph the QR code shown. (If you are actually using your phone's web browser to set up 2FA, instead click the "Show Code" button and enter this code in your 2FA app instead.)
- Important: Click "Generate Backup Codes", print them out, and keep them safe. If you lose them, you lose access!
- Under "Step 5", enter the six-digit code shown in your 2FA app
- Click "Enable two-factor authentication"
Log in using 2FA
After enabling 2FA you must always use it when logging in to Viewer (iPad/iPhone/Web), your account on app.drylab.io, and Drylab Creator on Mac (if you're a DIT).
To do so, tap or click "I am a two-factor authentication user" underneath the email and password fields. Enter your 2FA code (from your app) alongside your username and password.
Please note that (for now) you must remember whether or not you've turned 2FA on.